The Ducky Interviews featuring Landon Wolanin Episode 6

jacobcarson877

Welcome back everybody to another episode of the Ducky Interviews featuring the one and only Landon Wolanin! We have just finished unpacking here in Vegas, so it is probably time to give all of the fans an update on our situation. So tell us Landon, how are you feeling in Vegas now that you’ve had a few days to settle in?

Well, I wouldn’t exactly say I’m settled in yet. We’ve played a lot of hockey the past couple of days and things are very different here than in San Diego. I mean to start there is just a lot more of us. We were running out of players to dress in San Diego but now there’s so many other players, and many in the same position developmentally to me. It’s definitely going to be strange going from well, the only option to one of the many options offensively. I haven’t quite found my groove yet, but once I do it’ll be nice having teammates around me to support me. I’m still hoping to push my way up the scoring leader-board in the back half of the season.

Your future was pretty well set in San Diego, what are your plans now that you’ve moved teams?

I’ve gotten the chance to speak to management about their plans for next season, and they are very optimistic about their returning players and have some top picks to help supplement the group. This was very encouraging to hear, and I am hoping to return to Vegas next season to push for a championship there. So, no real change in my plans, just a different team. It was great to get to talk to our GM about the plan, and we also got to talk about my training and role on the team,  which was greatly appreciated.

Your transition may be helped out by a familiar face joining management, tell us about this.

Of course! For all of those San Diego fans out there listening, you may be happy, or maybe are very sad to see that I’ve been reunited with Ivan Retoslav, this time in an AGM role. He’s been an incredibly active player in the short time he’s been in the league, and this is the perfect opportunity to allow an eager player the opportunity to dig deeper into the league. Having that extra person around to keep the locker room active and pitch in on strategy will be crucial to our success in the coming weeks. Obviously great for me, but also a great move for the rest of the team.

You’ve got a long way to go towards making the playoffs this season, and I’m sure you’ll be a crucial part of that process. Best of luck in the next week and hopefully you’ll have found your groove by the next time we talk. We’d also like to thank San Diego for the opportunity to show off our talents in the first part of the season and we wish them the best of luck in their endeavors. Until next week listeners, and go Aces!

514 words claiming week of March 6th

Edited by jacobcarson877