Short Incoherent Thought Pt. 2: Attack of the Thoughts

nurx

Today I have been thinking a lot about just the near future. This upcoming week is Spring Break! Which while is exciting and I have plans to go to March Madness and follow my University's team, I still kind of feel like I am missing something. While I get to go on this trip I also am missing two league hockey games which is super upsetting considering every game you play in costs $20,but I guess I shouldn't be upset since I know I will enjoy traveling and watching a bunch of sports. I worked hard during an lower workload week to get the VHLM Illustrated out and working, and I appreciate the team that made that happen a lot and I couldn't of done it without you. Also for the first time in a while I truly enjoyed doing something and it made me feel truly alive. I think that what I need to do with my life is something where I can be creative, but I do not know where I would ever start with that. I have said in the past that my creativeness will likely end up just being doing stuff like the VHL or similar, but I do not know if that is something I can live with where I am doing something that I don't enjoy for a living while doing something I enjoy for a limited time. I also recently discovered that my plans for housing next semester fell through so I will have to room with random people again. If they are anything like my roommates this year I will likely just not be in my room again except to do stuff on my PC and sleep.  Anyways I guess for now the VHL will continue to be my way of doing what I truly think I need to do with my life while I figure out how to do that as a career. 

10 minutes ago, nurx said:

honestly not sure right now... 

You're my friend.

As an old man who regrets his career choice, I will say you should lean into your more creative side if that's what you feel you should be doing! That said, I never enjoyed school or my job after it, but it has allowed me to save money and live comfortably, so it's not as though I live a life full of regret and sadness. But it's harder to ponder career changes at 30 than it would be at 20, so remember that!

25 minutes ago, JardyB10 said:

You're my friend.

As an old man who regrets his career choice, I will say you should lean into your more creative side if that's what you feel you should be doing! That said, I never enjoyed school or my job after it, but it has allowed me to save money and live comfortably, so it's not as though I live a life full of regret and sadness. But it's harder to ponder career changes at 30 than it would be at 20, so remember that!

Yeah I enjoy computers, but I can't sit down and work with math and problems all day. I enjoy working with problems just not math type problems. I think I could do history, but what really does that entail teaching? I don't want to be a teacher that much. At least not in the current economy. I reality what is it that I can create when I have no history of creating. I have a past of entertainment and have worked in the entertainment business when I have worked. I guess I could swap majors into something like management and try and be in entertainment whether that is an entertainment manager or even working on cruise ship entertainment.