NEXT META: IGNORE SKATING. BURN THE LEAGUE; OR AT VERY LEAST BURN VANCOUVER

jRuutu

22 hours ago, NSG said:

Haha sadly I haven’t been on the VHL Discord in months (also I was being sarcastic in the 1st post btw)

I never said that you were in the minority about Vancouver. I will reiterate yet again that I have never built meta, nor do I support it. I quite plainly just believe that vengeance is not the path forward. Deleting history is also a bad idea. If you don’t acknowledge the bad things of the past, the same mistakes will be repeated. 

I appreciate the reporting, but how do I say this? It gave me tabloid vibes. It just seemed way overexaggerated. Reporting on these things is fine, making it into yellow journalism, not so much.

Also, why are you saying “you” so often? I played no role in making Vanny meta, I just voice my opinions. I guess the big issue about this is that I take a more moderate stance on this, and you’re a little too progressive for me.

I heard VHL general in discord is where all the action is!

I agree that mistakes should not be forgotten, that is why I'm still calling for punishments for Vancouver and for anyone using the meta build.

Yellow journalism is the best journalism, because it takes guts. Anyone can write the truth. Anyone can write lies, but not everybody wants to write something that mixes both.

I'm talking to the good people of VHL through you.

48 minutes ago, jRuutu said:

I heard VHL general in discord is where all the action is!

I agree that mistakes should not be forgotten, that is why I'm still calling for punishments for Vancouver and for anyone using the meta build.

Yellow journalism is the best journalism, because it takes guts. Anyone can write the truth. Anyone can write lies, but not everybody wants to write something that mixes both.

I'm talking to the good people of VHL through you.

Whenever I go there, it’s too much action lol. I don’t agree with the idea of punishments, as I’ve said before, but I can at least see that you’re coming from a good place. 

I honestly never thought of yellow journalism that way lol. Still not my thing though. Bluntness is my strong point, not exaggeration.

• Head Moderator
On 3/16/2022 at 3:02 AM, jRuutu said:

Depends who builds the build, if it's a known user someone will take a shot. And especially if they have some interesting thoughts behind the reason they are going for the silly build. For example, low skating build. 

If someone makes a dumb build and it doesn't produce results. The GM cuts them, not sure why the league needs action on there lol. Its no different than a bad overpaid player in the NHL.