Ivan Retoslav, off a cliff again!

eagle_3450

We're now 2 games into the finals of the VHLM Playoffs and Ivan Retoslav has not scored a point, his last point was against Mexico City in game 2 of the Semi-Finals. This isn't the first time that he has fallen like this, he did just the same in San Diego at the start of the season and right after being traded to Houston. Retoslav just barely clinched 80 points in the regular season, but now everyone is unsure if he will even hit 20 in the Playoffs. Ivan Retoslav keeps falling off like this, many are concerned if teams will draft him with this risk added to his scouting report. He did the same thing in the DEL before coming to the VHLM, he had over 80 points in both seasons he played there, then only had 22 points in 31 Playoff games. He went through slumps in the Playoffs both years he played there. Choking in the Playoffs seems almost like second nature to the young Russian, but one question remains, will these slumps continue? A final remark by a pro scout for the VHL, "If Retoslav proves he can be consistant in the E next season, he will definitely get a slot on a VHL team in S84." With that final remark, we will see you next time when we count the amount of trees vs planes in the world!

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

How would we deal with planes made out of trees? 50/50?

I think there is a logic fault in your suggestion... planes like the 'Spruce Goose' recquired dozens if not hundreds of trees to be built, so a fairer approach would be to take the amount of trees spent divided by two (as some of the parts of the tree will not be used in an assembling a plane, such as roots and branches etc).

Just now, Daniel Janser said:

I think there is a logic fault in your suggestion... planes like the 'Spruce Goose' recquired dozens if not hundreds of trees to be built, so a fairer approach would be to take the amount of trees spent divided by two (as some of the parts of the tree will not be used in an assembling a plane, such as roots and branches etc).

Yes, but then we get into the nitty gritty of how much of the tree went into that plane and how much went into grandma's candle stick or that nice chest of drawers? That just seems like too much of a headache to deal with.🤣

4 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Yes, but then we get into the nitty gritty of how much of the tree went into that plane and how much went into grandma's candle stick or that nice chest of drawers? That just seems like too much of a headache to deal with.🤣

I cannot disagree with you on that statement... I would also assume to count every tree on the world (especially in densely forested countries like Canada, Amazonia and Northern parts of Europe as well as Siberia) would be a royal pain in the buttocks...

Edited by Daniel Janser

5 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

I cannot disagree with you on that statement... I would also assume to count every tree on the world (especially in densely forested countries like Canada, Amazonia and Northern parts of Europe as well as Siberia) would be a royal pain in the buttocks...

I'd get bored before I made it far enough that I couldn't see my house anymore. Sweden has a lot of trees.

1 hour ago, Shindigs said:

I'd get bored before I made it far enough that I couldn't see my house anymore. Sweden has a lot of trees.

So I read... I only ever was in Göteborg though... and looked at Helsingborg across the Oresund from Helsingor...

Switzerland has also plenty of trees especially in the mountains where the forests protect the villages from avalanches... and where there is no interest to build any infrastructures due to the costs involved.