Double Champion Again

InstantRockstar

With all the excitement already overwhelming me, from winning the cup with Rome and making it to the finals for the final time, to finally being promoted to VHL GM, I didn't think the news would or could get much better, but low and behold... it did. Not long after Rome won, I ended up with some deja vu as my VHLM team (the Saskatoon Wild), faced a similar finals dilemma, being down 3-1 and possibly being knocked out at any moment. It was a crazy feeling really, being a rookie goalie for a team and making it to the finals was wild already (no pun intended) but now to be in the finals, same exact scenario... craziness. The sim's happened once a day, and slowly but surely we began to chip away at the games, winning to still be down 3-2, then a miracle win to tie up the series, and now once again the deja vu hit even more... a game 7 with the possibility of reverse sweeping the opposing team, but it couldn't happen twice... right? Wrong. The Wild would come back to win the game 6-3 and win the series to once again make me a double champion (one as GM, one as player). 

This all happened back when I was with Miami, where I ended up winning the cup as GM with the team and then with Seattle as a player. I couldn't be more proud of @BrutalBoost and the whole Wild franchise for what we were able to accomplish. I haven't been in the M for quite a few seasons now as player and around 4 seasons as GM, so needless to say this was such a refreshing win to be back in the place where I started my whole 'GMing' career. Happy to send off Boost with a cup win too :D