A Preamble to The Ducky Interviews Episode 8, that will theoretically feature Landon Wolanin

Welcome back to another episode of the Ducky Interviews, with a new and exciting special guest! Today we bring in the new Assistant General Manager of the San Diego Marlins of the VHLM, the great…

Landon Wolanin?

Damn it! I really thought I got a new guest this week! I was so excited to expand my network and bring someone new onto the show and somehow, I still end up with Landon! I mean there’s nothing wrong with Landon or anything, I love that guy, but I really thought I landed something big here. I sent him a message earlier and was quite surprised with how fast I got a reply. I guess it makes sense, since Landon is such a fast texter.

I didn’t even realize he had applied for the job! This is actually pretty exciting. I knew he was really bummed about the thought of moving on from the VHLM so I guess this solves the issue entirely. And we loved our time in San Diego! Everyone was so nice, we got off to an insane start, and there was always some fun news to report.

I’ve even heard that San Diego is likely to be pretty good this coming season, with all of those fresh draft picks they pulled in from moving their stars this year. Not many people know this, but Landon loves to make spreadsheets and scout. He must be super busy these days watching the Junior Showcase tournament, in between practices for the World Juniors of course. I’m sure he’s made a big old spreadsheet of prospects and has them all sorted by earning and activity. That sounds like him. I bet he even forgot about a few of his responsibilities because he was so caught up in this spreadsheet. Might’ve even stayed up super late playing with conditional formatting and weird formulae.

I know Landon has also kept in contact with Las Vegas and has been keeping an eye on how they run their organization, especially with the new GM in town. He built a pretty good relationship with the old GM, despite only being around for a short while of their tenure. They’ve had a really active locker room over the off-season, despite being knocked out by Philadelphia in the first round, which is a pretty impressive feat considering how long the offseason has been for them.

I know Landon has also been really excited about the VHLE draft and VHL drafts and has been trying to keep in contact with as many teams as he can. He’s been really trying to get his name out there in the VHL community, and I guess that makes sense considering his new appointment as AGM.

Oh no, I’ve completely forgotten about the Interview! Landon has been texting me nonstop for like 15 minutes now. I’m not even sure what I’m going to ask him now, I feel like I’ve spoiled all of the answers for the questions I was going to ask. Well anyways, bye guys! I have an interview to record, check in later for that I guess!

516 words claiming week of April 3rd

Edited by jacobcarson877