Relocating Every VHLM Team to Georgia

dogwoodmaple

Right now, there are 10 VHLM teams located in cities across North America with mascots perfectly attuned to their locations.  But what if we condensed the entire league and forced relocation of every franchise to the great State of Georgia?  Below, I'll try to pick a new city with a rationale for each team.  The kicker?  Each team has to keep its current mascot and the goal is to have each mascot tie-in with the new city.

Athens Hounds (Mississauga)
This was the easiest one.  Athens, home to the University of Georgia Bulldogs, was the perfect fit for a canine mascot.  There's no other city in the state that so readily embodies dogs than the Classic City.  There are bulldog statues all over Athens, bulldog murals, bulldog flags, bulldog everything.  Go Dawgs!

St. Simons Marlins (San Diego)
Pickings are slim when it comes to the coast, but St. Simons is a great choice for the newly branded Marlins.  You can enjoy the beach, fishing, and all that comes with living on the coast on lovely St. Simons Island, Georgia.  Plus, there's now a newly formed rivalry between St. Simons and the new Brunswick Marauders.

Brunswick Marauders (Miami)
Speaking of the devil! The Marauders make the move to another one of Georgia's coastal cities.  Brunswick has its fair share of pirate history and was even home to the Minor League Brunswick Pirates for a time.  I'm sure the good folks from Miami will enjoy their time in lovely Brunswick.

Atlanta Kings (Mexico City)
As the capital and largest city, Atlanta seemed like a great option for the kingly nature of Mexico City's franchise.  It's truly the Empire City of the South and certainly worthy of the Kings moniker.  And good news for Kings fans - a rabid fanbase awaits them in Atlanta ready to embrace their new team.

Blue Ridge Lynx (Ottawa)
Blue Ridge is one of Georgia's most popular mountain towns, but visitors certainly have to be on the lookout for lynx while they're enjoying the picturesque mountain views. Stay on the trails or you could find yourself eye-to-eye with a ferocious feline looking to make a snack out of somethin'.

Greensboro Wild (Saskatoon)
The Wild move from Saskatoon to Greensboro and find their new home among the pine forests, thick oak trees, and plenty of wild animals.  Whether it's hogs, coyotes, or lynx, you'll find them all after a short time in Greensboro.  Keep your head on a swivel!

Warner Robins Aces (Las Vegas)
Just a short drive from Macon you'll find the city of Warner Robins, which is home to Robins Air Force Base. That explains my slight rebrand from the playing card aces to the airplane aces.  

Savannah 21st (Halifax)
This one required some finagling, but I think it works alright.  Savannah is Georgia's most famous and largest coastal-ish city and also happens to be the oldest city in the State. With plenty of piers, a welcoming environment, and plenty of history to go along with it, the 21st will be moving down to Savannah for their new home. 

Carrollton Bulls (Houston)
Carroll County is one of the top counties in Georgia for cattle which means this move would fit with the branding, but also rally the local community around their new team. It's a community that's based around farming and livestock so they would jump at the chance to support the newly formed Carrollton Bulls.

Valdosta Reapers (Philadelphia)
This wasn't easy, but Valdosta was the choice here for geographical balance as well as branding.  Valdosta is one of the largest cities in south Georgia and is notorious for its brutally hot summers.  When you're in Valdosta in July, you might feel like you're about to meet the grim reaper.

(622 words)

9 minutes ago, dogwoodmaple said:

Warner Robins Aces (Las Vegas)
Just a short drive from Macon you'll find the city of Warner Robins, which is home to Robins Air Force Base. That explains my slight rebrand from the playing card aces to the airplane aces.

Actually the branding still works. There is a plane in the Aces logo too, most people (me included) just don't notice it at first. it's behind the spade but in front of the ace.