Sergey’s World Cup Rally + Offseason Plans

Bulduray_1

Sergey’s World Cup Rally + Offseason Plans

It was announced this week that Russia’s very own Sergey Preobrazhensky was called on to compete in the annual Hockey World Cup for Team Eastern Europe. Playing with some of the most talented individuals around the region. Such as Sigard Petrenko, Vasile Lamb and Bogdan Trunov, all of whom had exceptional VHL seasons. Even though Sergey already planned an offseason vacation. Sergey decided to scratch that plan just to compete in the World Cup, “Last year I was playing in the WJC. Now I’m playing in the World Cup, I can’t get a break, even in the offseason.” Sergey said jokingly to the press.

Team Eastern Europe had a very mediocre showing up to this point. Splitting their four-game round robin with two wins and two losses. As well as managed to place third out of the six teams standings-wise, sending them to the next stage of the competition. Sergey has been able to become a key contributor in such little time played. Which showed him producing five points (3 G, 2 A)  in the four-game Round Robin. Eastern Europe is set to face Western Europe in the first-round World Cup playoffs. 

With all this talk about the World Cup, we seem to forget that the offseason has started. Although Sergey has cancelled his plans to go on vacation due to the World Cup, he still plans to make use of the days he has to himself. Sergey plans on ramping up his gym activity in the coming weeks, he plans on being more of an explosive skater coming into next season. Not only that, but he will continue working on precision accuracy when it comes to shooting by getting repetitions on the ice. “Shooting and goal scoring are some of the hardest things in hockey. When it comes down to it, you need to have elite accuracy to become confident in your goal-scoring abilities. This is what I hope to accomplish throughout this offseason."

On top of that, Sergey also has come up with an idea to meet many of the hockey youths around Russia. He plans on travelling all around the country to meet and practice with some of the highest calibre kids and teenagers in hockey. “The youth of this game is incredibly important in my eyes, I hope to bring them a better foundation for them to get to the next level. It’s the least I can do. ” 

Life is going well for none other than Sergey Preobrazhensky, making the World Cup roster while being able to meet the next generation of hockey stars is nothing short of an amazing journey for him. Although it may look like a ways away, Sergey’s Season 83 Campaign is just around the corner. Not only does he look forward to bringing success to the Moscow Menace, but he also looks forward to welcoming all the fans back from hibernation. We look forward to seeing how Sergey progresses throughout the offseason, look out for Sergey…

Edited by Bulduray_1