Tui Sova signing a huge boon for D.C.

scoop

I did not anticipate Tui Sova signing with us. Quite frankly, I wasn't even really aware of who was out there as free agents. I did notice the other day that Sova was one, and I thought it would be cool to add my former teammate to the roster, but given that he is a defenseman and that's where our strength was as a team, I just didn't see it happening. And then it did. Not only did he sign, but he signed for three seasons. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a bit concerned when I was traded to the Dragons that the team would just not be good enough during the remainder of my career, but picking up Sova has alleviated those concerns quite a bit. As I mentioned earlier, our defensemen were pretty good. We had Corey Kitson and Ryan Vidot for at least two more seasons, and hopefully more than just one season of Poopy Peepants. As for our forwards, though, beyond myself, the future was Ronan Lavelle. Just the two of us wouldn't be enough. The Sova signing, however, allowed Ryan Vidot to move to center. This gives us another good forward who will be in his prime alongside Mourning. Signing Sova allowed us to improve our forward corps as well as our defensemen.

Do I think we'll be winning a championship this season? No. I do think this solidifies us as the third best team in North America, which really doesn't mean much. Our second line of forwards is a weakness, but if we can maybe get one more upgrade there, we could be in a position to have an outside shot at upsetting some teams.