Looking Ahead to Warsaw's Season

Kisslinger

Looking ahead to Warsaw's Season.

9dWx0pY.png

After a long and hard season, the Warsaw Predators missed the playoffs. It was a bummer, this exciting young core worked their asses off.. just to fail... That is just one way you can look at what happened last season, but the players took it a different way. We took it as experience. we took the opportunity to learn. Many people say you have to know what it feels like to lose, to truly feel what it is like to win. This mentality has made our team closer and even more eager to win. Today I just wanted to go over what I think we will do super well within this upcoming season and what we will maybe not be the best in. This Warsaw team is something special and I cannot wait to see what we can do.

Warsaw's Strengths  

200.gif

I feel like this Warsaw team has more strengths than weaknesses. I feel like Warsaw's biggest strength is our offense. We have a very strong top 6 led by Brenden Marner, Bogdan Trunov, and Zach Kisslinger II. I feel like our top line has established itself as one of the best in the league and in my opinion, is underrated. On this line, we have a little bit of everything to make us dangerous anywhere. Then we have Girts Galvins-Omi Aberg-Robert Wilk on the second line. On this line, we have two new faces to the team, Girts Galvins, and Omi Aberg. I really like that we traded for Omi Aberg because Omi and Myself were on the same line in Stockholm and took over the league! We cannot forget about Brain Moreau, such a great player and great leader for the team. he could slot in anywhere on the team and still perform like he always does

This offseason we made some big trades and those trades had us land Hari Singh Nalwa and Tavish Degroot. This improved our defense a lot and gave us a very strong top-line pairing. We also have Brain Payne coming up for their debut season which gives us a very young and reliable third defenseman. In these trades, we traded our goalie Tater Tot so that Wumbo our rookie goalie can take over and become the starter. I feel like these moves will make us extremely better because every single defenseman and our goalie are still super young and have seasons to earn and to start saving for later. 

I feel like our eagerness to win is a big strength as well. We know this season will be different from the last and that we will be a very good team. We have such a well-rounded squad and very good depth that we are confident no matter what.  I feel like by putting our positive energy into the air, Simon and the Hockey Gods will bless us for being so positive. I do not want people to think we are being cocky or anything, we are just confident about our abilities and are ready to do everything we can to try to come away with the win.   

Warsaw's Weaknesses

Working Out Sesame Street GIF

I would say our biggest weakness is lack of experience. We are a super young team and when it comes to the playoffs we don't have much experience.  We have people in our management that know what it is like to win but it is different when it comes to the players.  I feel like this weakness will slowly go away thanks to the addition of Hari Singh Nalwa, who has won before! I do not think this is a really bad weakness as every game you play is experience and can teach you something to become a better player.

Another potential weakness for us this season could be conflicting builds and the new hybrid attributes. No one really knows how this new attribute change works and what type of builds work with other builds so it is kind of scary to see but somewhat exciting. Since everyone was so used to using the meta build, other people are still going to run and try to find the meta build using these hybrid attributes. No one knows if their build is going to be good or not so it puts a ? on this season in a way. Looking at our team's builds we look good on paper, but being good on paper vs being actually good is a very different thing.   

Our other weakness would be being in a tough conference. EU is looking really strong this year with many teams getting better as well. It will be a crazy close playoff race and a lot of EU teams are eager to win after Vancouver has dominated for the past couple of seasons. I feel like we are going to lose a couple of games that we would see ourselves winning in the previous seasons because there are no real weak teams anymore. Playing our backup goalie will have to be strategic to make us not lose a playoff spot. 

Where do I think we will end up?

Wondering Question Mark GIF by xponentialdesign

I think this season we will finish second in the conference. I think we will be such a deep team that when it comes to those long super important games we will be able to grind out those wins. I would obviously like to see us win the championship, but I want us to take small steps first and get back to winning a series in the playoffs. After we do that we can shoot for the stars and start thinking about those championships. I feel like our offensive production will be down but not by much. I feel like since the attribute change scoring is going to be pretty low...  I think we will be fairly consistent but I think we pick up some real heat and become a lot better towards the tail end of the season. I feel like we should not change the team and only add if it does not involve a player, mainly a new defenseman to give Payne a partner.  I am super excited to see what happens this season. 

1020 something words.