Tucker Things

NSG

Well, even in the midst of the World Cup, Vancouver Wolves right winger and 3rd season captain Henry Tucker is hyped to head back to work. The faithful attacker signed his last deal with Vancouver and looks to go out with a bang in this new, meta-free era. The hockey hitmaker has many milestones within reach, and with Vancouver selling, Tucker looks like he could lead the rebuilding Wolves in his final year. His World Cup debut (and finale) with the U.S. boded somewhat well, as he had 27 hits, 3 goals, and 9 assists in 10 regular season games against the league’s finest. However, since he’ll improve throughout the season, I expect a bit more from him. And for @Shindigs, a reminder of where Tucker stands on the Vanny leaderboards, because a VHL.com article from me without stats is not truly a VHL.com article from me.

Games: 432 (T-5) - Sadly I can’t break this record, I will get to T-3 at the end of the season, though!

Goals: 211 (4th) - Will for sure finish in 2nd place. Zolnek and I are 1 goal apart heading into our final season, and with the Reinharts reportedly being shipped out, 1st place is surprisingly reasonable.

Assists: 260 (7th) - Top 5 is virtually assured, as I am 9 assists from 5th, but I’m 59 off of 4th, so that seems like a bit of a stretch. I had 59+ AST in 2 seasons, but that was back in my prime. Old man, I am now.

Points: 471 (4th) - I need 72 points to take over 3rd. Can I do it in old age, though? Perhaps that’s an intriguing storyline. RGN and Zolnek are still rostered though, so beating them is virtually impossible.

PIM: 805 (1st) - Y’all losers smh. I no longer have anything in fighting, so I prolly won’t get lots and lots of PIM, but ya never know. I still romped everything else, though.

Hits: 1436 (1st) - I’ll definitely get 1500 and won’t get 2K. Regardless, this is another stat where I can just take a little victory lap as Vancouver’s all-time big bopper.

Shots: 2230 (4th) - I will be in 2nd when this is all over, since I sit 95 off the current record, 2,325. That blasted bum Zolnek has me by 41 shots, though, so 1st might or might not happen. Zolnek has 0 APE, though, which would make things a lot easier for me.

Game Winners: 29 (3rd) - 2nd takes 3 goals to get to, 1st takes 12 GW. I’m not even sure we’ll win 12 games ngl. That said, though, I think 3 GW is very achievable for this final year. 

And that, my friends, does it. See ya next week.