Hlozek Gets Used to Life in Moscow

Bojovnik

It’s better to keep politics out of sport. This is the line that Czech defenceman and one of the newest members of the Moscow Menace told reporters on Sunday.

Despite all of what is happening in the world, Jan Hlozek said that he was happy to have made the move to the Russian capital following a whirlwind off-season that saw the Topolna native swap the beaches of California for the snowy streets of Moscow.

“Look, Moscow is a beautiful city. I spent time here before and I’m super happy to be living here and to make it my new home,” Hlozek said.

The Menace are set to hit the ice today for the first day of training camp, and Hlozek said that the facilities in the Moscow capital were the envy of the league.

“I always enjoyed travelling to Moscow for games when I was in Riga. The arena is amazing, the locker rooms are amazing, and the fan support here is some of the best in the league. I’m super ready to make an impression on the fanbase here and hopefully bring them the cup win that they deserve,” Hlozek, who will wear #81 during his time in the Russian capital, concluded.