Just Like Old Times

Brandon

Red Wings prospect Moritz Seider scores first goal for Swedish team

It's been an exciting off-season for Tomas Sogaard, who was drafted by the Moscow Menace at 15th overall of the S83 VHL draft, and by the Istanbul Red Wolves at the 8th overall spot of the S83 VHLE draft.

We sat down with Brandon Best, Tomas Sogaard's player agent, and former VHL player from S5 - S12. This is what he had to say:

"The conversations that I was having were with General Managers of teams in the 7th to 11th range of the draft. So to see Sogaard slide past was a bit of a surprise. But everyone knows that once the draft clock starts, anything is up for game. You know, it's funny how things play out. I was drafted at the exact same position in the Season 5 VHL draft, so to have Tomas picked at 15 feels like it fits really well. Once the dust settled, everything just felt like it played out the exact way it was supposed to. I know Tomas is ecstatic to be apart of both the Istanbul and Moscow lockerrooms in the coming seasons, and it will be nice that the flight is so close. Tomas is looking forward to using that to catch some Moscow home games in person this season."