Arrived In San Diego

JCarson

As my first official media interview with the San Diego Marlins, I want to start by thanking the administrative staff who work tirelessly over the last few days to make it possible for me to be here.  to those who worked through the US immigration process, to the people who worked to make the arrangements for my flights, for my accommodations, and for shipping my personal belongings.  Again, I want to say thank you.  Your endless effort to make my trip to this great city possible is greatly appreciated. 

To the fans, I want to thank you for your acceptance.  Over the last couple days I have taken the opportunity to travel around this great city, to take in the San Diego Zoo, Torrey Pines State Reserve and a couple beaches.  The San Diego area is one of beauty, and I have to say that it is great that you also have such fantastic weather.  I have had the opportunity to meet a number of fans during that time and I have to comment that your appreciation for the game and for your team is tremendous. We are as excited for the coming season as you are and thank you for your support as we puss for the Cup. 

I look forward to spending more time getting to know the city and the surrounding area.  Enjoying the world class restaurants, wineries and breweries that San Diego has to offer.  I also hope to spend some time immersing myself in the rich history of the area by visiting some of the wonderful attractions.  The USS Midway, the Maritime Museum, Old Town San Diego State Historic Park and the Balboa Park are tops on my list of things to see. 

I also look forward to visiting our neighbors to the south, Tijuana Mexico, your nightlife, your restaurants, the Lucha libre wrestling.  To have such a unique, friendly and robust culture within short distance will allow for some great adventures. But we also invite you to come and enjoy San Diego as well, come watch a game, experience the excitement. 

To my teammates, the last couple of days in the gym, in the locker room and on the ice have been a great experience.  I look forward to getting to know each of you better, to working with you and to winning with you.  I can see through your dedication to practice and to improving your personal abilities that I will have much to learn from you.  I know that no matter what line I get put on I will have the chance to work with significant talent and some great people.  Off the ice, I look forward to making some great friends, having some fun, some laughs and enjoying life. 

There is so much that I could say and it has only been a few days since I have arrived here in San Diego.  I will finish with this thought. This coming season is filled with hope, for me personally and for the San Diego Marlins as a team.  We have hope for a great year individually as players, a fantastic expectation of the hockey season as a whole and unending potential for a wonderful future. 

534 Words, weekApril 24