Hlozek Impresses in Moscow Pre-Season

Bojovnik

As the VHL’s teams closed out their pre-season slates on Tuesday evening, one question emerged. Are the London United the kryptonite for the impressive Moscow Menace?

The team from the Russian capital jumped out to a 5-0 pre-season record over the first week of play, recording dominant wins over HC Davos Dynamo, Helsinki Titans, and Malmo Nighthawks.

As expected, star players Duncan Idaho, Hard Markinson, and goaltender Papa Emeritus led the line for the Menace, but there was much to say about the performance of the team’s newest defenceman Jan Hlozek.

The Czech native was acquired from the Los Angeles Stars in the offseason, and Hlozek has appeared to fit into the team perfectly, scoring at well over a point-per-game during the pre-season.

The Menace’s chances of a perfect offseason were shattered with two losses to the London United in the final day of play.

“It’s been great to make a contribution throughout pre-season. I feel really good with how my game is right now, I feel like I’m in the best shape of my career so far, so I’m excited to see what I can do, and most importantly, what the team can do,” Hlozek, who will wear #81 for the Menace, said.