Otis Boudreaux on the Ice - Part 2

I was hoping to do one of these a week. I thought I would have the time to jot things down and put them together in a coherent fashion in the evening as I enjoyed a nice beer, boy the jokes were on me.

Firstly, I dont have any free time!! The coaches here in Houston are AWESOME! But they reminded me that I am a 16 year old that  isnt quite as good as I thought I was. I thought I was so great, practice was something to attend, not be active in. That is until I met these coaches. From morning until night, I am on the ice. I am skating, I am deking, I am practicing my shooting, my passing, then hitting the weight room. Finally I get to come home, take another long hot shower and fall into bed to bed ready to do it again the next day.

Secondly, I cant believe the pre-season is over and we are already into the regular season. Where is the time going?? We are doing okay, I am doing pretty good, at least according to my coaches, but I want us to be winning more. I have met this guy here, Doug Britton, what a nice guy! I feel like I have known him forever. He is a defender, but we seem to work really well on the ice. He is across the hall from me and we talk on the way to and from the practice arena. I think he can finally start understanding me now, HA.

Thirdly, what is this stuff they call "beer" here and why cant I drink it? I would give anything for a good pint of Guinness!! But even if I COULD buy it here, I CANT drink it! The drinking age here is 21. Five years??? Man, is it time to go back to Ireland for a visit yet?

Lastly, the food. Well, the buffets that we have at the practice arena and before games is great. I am so glad, the other food here is...well, not a good Cod and chips! 

There is so much to get used to here. The food is different, the beer is different (so I hear), the weather is VERY different...well, the list could go on. But the great thing is that once I get on the ice, everything feels like I am back home again. The feel of the skates gliding across the ice, the feel of the stick in my hands, the vibrations after I hit the puck and that explosion of adrenaline as the lights and sirens go off after we score a goal! I cant explain the rush that comes over me when I see my teammate speeding down the ice, sliding into position as I feed him the puck for him to sneak that little backhand shot to score a goal.

At least that is the same, at least that feels comfortable. I asked my coach today about what he wanted me to focus on in my training. He seems to get me, he really wants me to be the best that I can be...and I cant wait to see if this hard work is going to pay off.

More the next time I can raise my arms off of the bed...

Nice job on this media spot! I like the way the paragraphs are kept short and fast, it gives the whole thing a vibrant and exciting vibe. You've done a nice job of conveying the feelings and emotions of your player which makes it more enjoyable to read. As the season goes on, it would be cool to see you talk about some of the games you've had in this same sort of way. Overall, great job! 9/10