Regular Season Begins

Bulduray_1

Hockey Player Lingo: The Ultimate Dictionary

Regular Season Begins

Moscow- It’s that time of the year again in Moscow! As the winter begins, it can only mean one thing. A new VHL season is upon us. Sergey Preobrazhensky will start year two of his journey in the VHL. He’s looking forward to progressing and beating his offensive records from last season. “I’m plenty confident in my capabilities, I feel like I’m the best player on the ice”  said the young forward right before the season opener against the Prague Phantoms. "My playmaking abilities have gotten stronger as the offseason went by, I can identify what to do in a certain situation that’ll put myself in the greatest position to succeed.” announced Sergey confidently.

The Menace also have high hopes going into the season. As you might have recalled, the Menace have lost in the Founder’s Cup Final three seasons in a row. Fans have shown to be increasingly irritated due to the inability to bring the cup back home to Moscow. While the international VHL community have made Moscow some sort of a joke after the humiliating series loss to the Vancouver Wolves last year. Both the management and the players know that they’re not just aiming for a competitive season. Their goal is to win the Founder Cup this year. “Moscow has been humiliated for the past 3 seasons, wouldn’t it be nice to finally bring the cup to its rightful owners?” said Sergey during a press conference. So far the Menace have had their guns blazing right off the bat, being the number one team in terms of points with twenty. Only losing one game in eleven contests. Not even the Vancouver Wolves can catch up to that!

Sergey has started off the season in style for the Menace. Showing that he’s one of the most valuable players on the team. As he leads the Menace in points with fifteen in just ten games. He’s also had his fair share of some magical moments already this season, like a four point game against the Malmo Nighthawks. Or his game-winning shootout goal against the London United. “I’ve been working alone for a long time trying to hone out my shooting technique. I feel like this is the best I’ve felt with my shots in a significant amount of time. And after such amazing display's of performance this week, it’s like I can do nothing wrong”

So far, Sergey and his team have had amazing success throughout the first eleven games of the season. Sergey has been exercising offensive expectations while the Moscow Menace are right on track to fight for the Founder’s Cup. Showing splendid skills on both the offensive and defensive sides of the puck. Moscow fans are both excited but also cautious at the same time. They know that this team is on a tear recently, but they hope they can keep such success going without burning out the players. But until then, we look forward to seeing how both Sergey and the Moscow Menace progress during another week’s worth of play.