Dear Dairy

Gaikoku-hito

Dear Dairy,

Here I am a week into the VHLE season having jumped the VHLM draft. While I had mixed feeling about the jump at first, Am I ready, can I play at this level etc…. I must admit it has been a very steep learning curve and pre-season confirmed that this year is going to be a battle.

Since the decision to sign in the VHLE this season, the choice has been somewhat aided by the team that I signed with. A great GM & AGM have helped me feel like I belong and I cannot say enough about the group of guys in the Locker room.

This season has started in a fun and unexpected way with our teams Viking March through Oslo. Sailing into the harbor on the longboats, jumping over the end of the boat as we stormed the city shores, dressed up as Viking wearing wolves’ skins and blowing the Viking horn to announce our presence. All capped off with a war of a game against the storm and my first point in the VHLE. (Welcome to the VHLE moment) Not to mention being named earlier in the day as an Assistant Captain this season means I really know that I belong with the Vikings this season.

Now the pressure of leading the team!! Nah, this has been nothing but fun!! We are just a great big bunch of Vikings having fun, battling every night and know that every night we have a chance to win. In the end the result doesn`t matter as long as we leave it all on the line and we battle for each other. Like Vikings do!!

I am proud to be a Viking and I am looking forward to the rest of the season. What might happen and what might not happen but I am enjoying the journey.

Pierre

Edited by Gaikoku-hito