Ivan Retoslav - How Many More Cliffs Are There?

eagle_3450

Ivan Retoslav as it stands is undoubtedly one of the worst 2nd Overall picks in VHLE Draft history. After an amazing 80 point season in the VHLM Retoslav went 2nd Overall to the Vasteras Iron Eagles. Many fans hoped he would live up to the hype brought on by his VHLM season and not to mention the silver medal he won in the WJC. Unfortunately, Retoslav immediately proved to be struggling. He didn't put up his first point until his 4th game and still, after 26 games, Retoslav is only sitting at 10 points. This is an extremely underwhelming season for a player that went in the first round of the VHL Draft. Many people say that VHLE stats don't match up to VHL stats but if that isn't true, then the young Russian will have a very underwhelming career. Hopefully we can see him turn it around and return to the dominance he showed in his last 16 regular season games with Houston in the VHLM when he put up almost 2 points per game. After this season we could see him completely re-work his playstyle, we know that he's always been a playmaker, evident with his 50 assists in the VHLM last season. Will Retoslav become a goal scorer? Only time will tell. Thanks for reading and come back next time when we find out if, with enough magnets, you can skate upside down.

8 minutes ago, eagle_3450 said:

Thanks for reading and come back next time when we find out if, with enough magnets, you can skate upside down.

Now that I have to see.

19 minutes ago, Shindigs said:

Now that I have to see.

You can skate upside down without magnets... if you put your skates on your hands and 'walk' in a handstand (and learn to grab your stick with your feet, if you want to play hockey)... I would not put it beyond Vasteras to encourage their players to acquire this very specific skill set, to what end I cannot even hazard to guess... ;)

Skating on the ceiling on the other hand will imho not be possible, regardless of the amount of magnets involved...

2 minutes ago, Daniel Janser said:

Skating on the ceiling on the other hand will imho not be possible, regardless of the amount of magnets involved...

MONORAIL MAGNETS

43 minutes ago, eagle_3450 said:

MONORAIL MAGNETS

afaik they only work a.) when the 'projectile' is subject to gravity (i.e. is either hanging from or perched on a rail) and b.) on a fixed track and as much fun it is to be projected at horrendous speed in a circle, I would not necessarily call it 'skating'...

Again, from my limited experience and education on the subject matter, magnetic monorail are based on the force pushing two identical poles of a magnet away from each other. This is certainly not what you want, hanging from a ceiling (even fully clad in hockey gear)...

10 hours ago, Daniel Janser said:

afaik they only work a.) when the 'projectile' is subject to gravity (i.e. is either hanging from or perched on a rail) and b.) on a fixed track and as much fun it is to be projected at horrendous speed in a circle, I would not necessarily call it 'skating'...

Again, from my limited experience and education on the subject matter, magnetic monorail are based on the force pushing two identical poles of a magnet away from each other. This is certainly not what you want, hanging from a ceiling (even fully clad in hockey gear)...

ANTI-MONORAIL MAGNETS