Sergey and The Moscow Menace Plow Their Way to Victory

Four-goal games are becoming the NHL's new normal for players

Sergey and The Moscow Menace Plow Their Way to Victory

Moscow- After almost half of the VHL Regular Season has passed us, the Moscow Menace has shown some exceptional strides since the start of the season. Becoming a known offensive threat while also having a reliable defensive core. 

Turning to the standings, the Moscow Menace are in a comfortable playoff spot, holding second place in the European Conference. Just behind the Riga Reign for top spot in the conference. They’ve had their fair share of quiet lengthy winning streaks, resulting in a lopsided thirty wins to nine losses on the year so far. 

Duncan Idaho, the long-time veteran for the Moscow Menace led and paved the way for their team. Leading the Menace numerous offensive categories, the right winger has made a name for himself in the VHL Community. Being also announced to participate in the annual VHL All Star Game. He’s been a key contributor for the team, without him, the Menace wouldn’t be in the position they are right now.

Another player that has performed well under the management of the Moscow Menace was none other than Hard Markinson. This shouldn’t be a surprise to many though, Markinson has been putting out unreal numbers since he first got onto the scene in Season 78. He has been a vital defender for the team, while having amazing play making abilities, tallying a whopping forty five assists so far this season. Beating out any other player playing for Moscow.

Last but not least, it was big Papa Emeritus, who has played a great game behind the net. So far, Emeritus has shattered his career high’s in Save Percentage and in Goals-Against Average. He has been the strong backbone of the team, one can only hope he keeps up such spectacular numbers.

Our very own Sergey Preobrazhensky has also been in on the action as well. He’s been seeing improvements in all aspects of his game since his rookie season, such as his offensive production. With forty nine points in just 39 games, Sergey is on pace to exceed his rookie season offensive numbers. As one might’ve recalled, Preobrazhensky scored fifty five points in Season 82. “It’s refreshing and a sigh of relief that comes over me after seeing how all my work in the off-season has paid off for this season. I still know that my offensive numbers can be much better though, I’ll be pushing myself harder to become an even better offensive player” Sergey said on a nightly interview. 

So far, Sergey and his Moscow Menace have seen some unprecedented winning streaks and mind boggling improvement from last year. Their players are playing the same, if not better,  than last year. The chemistry of this tight knit team is close, they know deep down in their hearts this year is the year where they win it all. Not even the Vancouver Wolves will stop them now. Fans are pumped up again by this team, but they hope that this team doesn’t let them down once again. Only time will tell what the Moscow Menace’s fate will become…

REVIEW:  Great article.  First, Moscow has a frightening team for sure with arguably some of the best players in the league.  I really liked the change in fonts and use of underlines to highlight the players.  Great job giving a shout out to Sergey as well on the team of amazing players as well.  What I truly loved most is the use of a picture in the article.  Many times I find that these stories are much improved with just the simple use of a graphic or picture.  Overall I have to 8/10 and I hope that Moscow struggles against Warsaw for the rest of the season :)