All-Star MVP

:hel:

Seattle, Wash. -- It hasn't been the most memorable of seasons for Helsinki goaltender Xavier Booberry, but during Sunday night's All-Star festivities, the third-year player had one of his brightest moments as a professional. Starting in goal for two of Team Europe's three games in the best of three series, Xavier Booberry racked up two shootout wins and go himself All-Star MVP honors in the process.

With a .921 save percentage and 1.39 goals against, Booberry showed that he could go up against the VHL's top scorers and still hold his own. It served as validation for Booberry, who came into the season with high expectations.

"It may just be an exhibition, but I can tell you that both sides wanted to win. Those North American players threw everything at me," Booberry said in media availability following the game. "But we were able to get it done. I couldn't be happier with how this turned out."

The Titans may be hoping the game spurs Booberry to MVP-like numbers in the remainder of the season as well. Originally expecting this year to be a turning point, Helsinki currently sits in sixth in a tough European Conference.

Booberry wouldn't say whether he expects the turning point to occur, only that the team knows what it needs to do. "The standings spell it out, don't they? If we want to get back into this, then it's going to take a team effort from that very next game."