Regular season almost over

Seabass

Well there's only four games to the season left and my team, The Moscow Menace are one point away from tying the Seattle Bears for first place in the league standings. Winning the Victory Cup would be nice and all but that's not the trophy were chasing here. We just want the Continental Cup and this team has the potential to make another good run and make the finals for the fourth time in a row. 

At the beginning of the year I thought for sure we'd regress with the losses of elite players such as Paul Atreides and Aurelien Moreau and of course Atreides and Moreau have both gone on to have great seasons in Toronto with Atreides currently leading the league in points and Moreau is leading all VHL defenders in point. Considering the loss of talent actually we haven't done too bad at all as we're a lock to win the European Conference. Our success has much to do with our younger guys such as Preobrazhensky, Mulds and Emeritus having stepped up and our newcomers such as Le Massif and Hlozek having fit into our lineup flawlessly.

For my personal numbers I can't complain I'm a point per game player sitting one point shy of 80 Points with 4 games left. However I played set up man this year and it's the first time in 3+ seasons that I haven't been able to reach the 30 goal mark. I hope to reach 80 points though before the season closes out and being one point away right now I don't think it's too much to ask, 79 just breaks your heart, gotta get that 80.