VHL Archeology Part 6: Finland Edition

Will3

The sixth part of this series that presents interesting information about the VHL teams of the past continues today. We are going to explore a line of VHLM teams that have long been defunct. Might these teams return someday soon? Let mestart explaining the history of the VHL.

We go back to the Scandinavia region to explain the downfall of VHLM hockey in Europe. The Kolari Wolves/Panthers were created in S12 following the relocation of the Jönköping Warriors to just over the Finish border. With a rebrand in S16 that I don't have enough data to understand, the VHLM club would continuously operate until S33 in a relocation I will talk about next. That rebrand has me confused as there's nothing to point to a specific reason for the rebrand. Aside from that, the Kolari club seems to be a solid, stable franchise.

Before S34 this team would move within Finland and become the Turku Outlaw. Sadly the Outlaws were not long for this world, as they would fold after S42 along with the Minot Gladiators. I suppose the name works well enough. Not a whole lot to say about the team name. Let's talk about the bright future VHLE hockey has in Finland. Of corse Finland currently doesn't have a VHLE club. With talk of relocating the Vasteras Iron Eagles, either Kolari or Turku would welcome the franchise with open arms and it would give each Scandinavian country representation in the VHLE. Both cities are also top destinations for future expansion teams. Overall I believe that the VHLE will have a team in Finland soon. A balanced Scandinavia is a happy Scandinavia.

That is our conclusion for today. I have covered so much of the past that there is not much left to cover. Next week I have a Brampton edition planned. After that a simple rebrand edition to finish this series with 8 articles. If there is anything else you want me discuss, let me know. I may talk about the Modern Era of the VHL and explain that better. See you all then. Thank you for reading and #PrayersforTexas. 

Edited by Will3