Beloved Aces' Raccoon Mascot Stolen, Held for Ransom

dogwoodmaple

BREAKING NEWS OUT OF LAS VEGAS:

On the eve of the VHLM playoffs, someone has broken into the Las Vegas Aces' team facility and kidnapped the unofficial team mascot and good luck charm, Ace the Raccoon.  Ace has an indoor/outdoor enclosure that allows him to visit various dumpsters and other trash locations at night, while offering him a safe place to rest, relax, and cheer on the Aces during the day. It appears that the raccoon-napping happened yesterday and Las Vegas recently received a letter from Ace's captors demanding a ransom.  Instead of money, they're demanding that the Aces intentionally lose in the playoffs. 

"I honestly can't believe it.  Ace has gotten us through some tough times this year and to think that someone kidnapped him just to maybe win some more hockey games?  It's unfathomable," said center Dogwood Maple.  "I remember hearing about when Ace first got here...when some players rescued him after he was hit by a car a few years back and how they nursed him back to health. He IS Las Vegas. He's a part of this team and it just breaks my heart to see him stolen like that.  When we find who's responsible, there'll be hell to pay."

So far the investigation has resulted in no leads, but some members of the team have their own thoughts on who is behind this.

"I'll probably get fined if I say who I think it is.  Let's just say that we'll settle this on the ice."

Edited by dogwoodmaple

• dogwoodmaple changed the title to Beloved Aces' Raccoon Mascot Stolen, Held for Ransom