Interview with Molly the Cat, Game 2 Series 2

JCarson

Molly the Cat you are now 7 games into the playoffs, how do you feel you are doing? 

Thanks for having me again. So, we are 7 games into the playoffs, just finished game 2 of the second series. I am currently leading my team in points with 10, 3 goals and 7 assists. The remarkable thing is that all three of my goals have been game winners. Most proud of the 3 points I put up against Halifax so far. The overtime game winning goal in the first game against Halifax allowed the win and broke a 0-0 tie. Going to take a second and congratulate both goaltenders in that one. Impressive game both of you. In game 2 I had 2 helpers, 1 to open the game, the other to finish it, again in overtime. 

Molly the Cat, predictions on the second round of the playoffs, who is going to win, San Diego Marlins or Halifax 21st? 

I am going to give both teams some props first. Two hard fought games so far that have both gone to overtime. The goalies are making it difficult on both teams and this is going to be a close series. I think San Diego Marlins will pull this out. Having a 2-game series advantage should allow for them to come through. But I will not be surprised if this is a long series, Halifax is a formidable team, we are taking nothing for granted. 

Molly the Cat, outside of your performance so far, who would you say is making the most impact for your team right now? 

By far the goaltending has been the most outstanding. I have said it several times but the combination of Cluelesss Wallob and DJ Fire Dragon between the pipes has been remarkable. We enter every game knowing we have the ability to win. If you have never experienced that type of confidence before you cannot understand. It is what allows the players up front to take the chances we need to make the big plays, score the big goals. Without those 2 back there keeping us grounded, night after night, we would be a vastly different team. 

Molly the Cat, one last question, Las Vegas Aces or Ottawa Lynx, who are you hoping is your opponent if you make it to the championship? 

That is a very tough question, both are great teams playing very well. At this point with Ottawa up 2 games I would expect it will be them, but I cannot say that for sure. You cannot count Las Vegas out; they are known for hard fought games, and I expect they will make this series difficult for Ottawa to win. Either way we are focused on our own play, on doing the little things correctly, playing strong on the puck at both ends and limiting the other team's chances. Our goal is to play strong fundamental hockey and show everyone why we deserve the championship. 

Well that is all the time we have for this interview, Molly the Cat, thank you for sitting with us. Good luck in your next games.