The Disappointment Is Real

Ball

For most of the regular season, the Moscow Red Wolves were the kings of the European Conference. But reality would catch up to the struggling roster as they skidded to the finish line and not only lost the top spot in the EU, but would run into a brick wall in the playoffs, also known as the Oslo Storm. The Red Wolves, though still the favourites over the Storm, had glaring weaknesses which showed up against the Storm and Moscow was swept in decisive fashion. As the Red Wolves skated off the ice for their last time together as a team, team captain Tyler Cote looked around the stadium one last time and returned to a locker room already filled with reporters. It had been a successful season for the young center, who set three franchise records in Moscow, lead the league in hits, and also breaking the century mark in points for the Red Wolves. But overall, Cote seemed disappointed with S39 while talking to reporters after the game.

From the minute I was drafted by the Red Wolves Organization, the one true goal I set for myself was to hoist the Founder's Cup alongside my team mates. The points were nice, leading the league in hits was great, but none of that mattered if we couldn't win it all this season. We had our ups and our downs, we knew our backs were against the wall this season, but we always believed that we could make a push for the Cup. The Storm were the better team this time around and unfortunately, we ran into the wrong team at the wrong time. While I won't be returning to the team, the future is still bright in Moscow and hopefully they can reach the pinnacle next season.

With the VHLM Finals about to be underway, you can be sure that Cote will be training for the upcoming VHL Scouting Combine to prepare for the S40 VHL Entry Draft. Cote is projected to be a Top 4 pick, so the disappointment should soon be shadowed by the excitement of starting his VHL career.