Draft Stuff

MubbleFubbles

I'm hoping to do an audible Mock Draft at some point within the next two weeks so figured I'd talk about some of the stuff I noticed in this draft here:

- In comparison to the last draft we had, it seems like there's a few less players who are dedicated to hitting the max 12 in a week, but there's significantly more players than S83 had in regards to players hovering around that 8-11 capped TPE per week range. However, 45 of the 91 prospects in this draft are currently at the VHL definition of inactive, so it looks like teams looking to get active players with fourth round picks will have to hope teams before them take chances on higher TPE inactives.

- Goalies should be interesting. Heading into this week the top goalie Art Vandelay was about 20-30 TPE behind the top earners, but he's now surged up into fourth in TPE, and that's without the 10 TPE VHLM Grad Bonus. Had he had that, he would've been second in TPE and only two behind draft class leader Callum Murray. The other element that makes it goalies interesting for this draft class is that three of the six top earning prospects in the S85 Draft Class are goalies, so does a rebuilding team without a goalie fix maybe focus on the skating talent in Season 84 and grab their goalie in Season 85 or do they just solve their goalie issues as soon as possible and take a potential hit with what they can get in terms of skating talent in Season 85?