Claimed:1st one in a long time

LVShark

It's mainly about having multiple layers which have a different layer type (normal, overlay, burn, dodge, saturation, soft light, hard light etc.)

In a good-looking sig, there will be numerous transparent layers that have very subtle things (like paint brush strokes, other graphics, just fuzzy brushed black OR white) set to a different mode that overlays the basic layers of the sig (the background & the render... and maybe sometimes the text.) There also may be layers which are completely coloured with the paint bucket and set to a certain layer type to give the sig a certain lighting and/or colour.  

Effort: 2/2 - I'll give it to you since it's your first in a long time.  

Look: 1.5/3 - Gorlab eluded to the layers in his post above.  It's all about finding a proper balance and not crowding the sig with stocks for the sake of putting stocks in.  Try and pick stocks that have similar features, like using scratch stocks and dust stocks together.  Use different layer settings like Screen (to get rid of dark colours in the stock), Multiply (to get rid of light colours in stocks).  Look up tutorials and keep practicing to get better.  As for your sig, I would say there is a lot of extra space on the right side, and the text should be nestled against the render.  Using stocks should help get rid of empty space.  Keep working, and you'll get better.

Creativity: 1/1 - Yes

Total: 4.5/6

Effort: 2/2 - I can give it to you as you aren't doing these often or recently

Look: 1.25/3 - Composition, Blending and lighting are what I would start looking at improving first. Those all have many tutorials online by googling "Photoshop lighting tutorial" ect. The lack of blending and lighting really hurt this but again it is easily improved upon if you put a little effort in. Nice first sig back, I look forward to some more.

Creativity: 1/1 - Sure

Total: 4.25/6 

Final: 4

• 2 weeks later...