It Goes to 7

Steve

Seattle wins the cup in what I would say was the most exciting playoffs that I can think of. At least the most exciting that any of my players have been in. It most definitely could have gone either way as Moscow was pushing hard and never let up. The European conference was much tougher than the North American conference and that made a lot of people think it was going to be a Moscow win for sure. I think being in a weak conference isn't a very good indicator of how strong a team is or isn't. Seattle had to dig it's way out of being a game down and take it to seven. Games were decided in overtime just to show how close the match up really was. It wasn't just a chess match, it was like 3D chess on steroids.

All of us in Seattle have a lot of respect for the Moscow team and their GM. They truly showed a ton of heart and talent. I think our GM Bana was in his wheelhouse once we tied it up and he, like he always does, works the lines to perfection. It took a lot of talent to put a team together and go out and win against a monster of a team. Hat's off to both leaders. Truly gifted. I am sad there had to be a loser in this series but it does build character, winning or losing.

As for the future in Seattle, I am not sure. Was this like a last big push before the team is blown up? I have a feeling it might be but then again, I don't know for sure. Either way, until you win in Seattle, you haven't experienced the magic this team has. Amazing season, incredible playoffs. This is how the VHL should be.

Happy to win with you again, Steve. More importantly, happy to have you back in Seattle. You've been an amazing, strong, supportive and positive member in the Bears locker room all season long and your understanding of STHS and just checking things out is underrated and a tool I gladly utilized. You had a good suggestion in the regular season as well as the playoffs that helped us out :) 

Thank you for being a Bear!