Draft Season is upon us!

Shindigs

Always an interesting time of the season. As I do my scouting interviews mainly through Discord DMs it's also a pretty hectic time of the season. But I just don't like copy paste interviews, it doesn't help me learn what I want to know about a member. Cause I want someone I can actually get in touch with, who I know will answer DMs and have some level of interest in the league. Much of what I do as a GM happens in the Discord LR and having players who will have a presence there is a big deal. You don't have to be the world biggest chatterbox or anything, just if I can't reach you. I can't help you, and I became a VHLM GM to try and help players reach their goals and enjoy the league. How do I do that if I can't even contact them?

Because of just how long last off-season was I kinda got a skewed idea of when the draft would be. So I'll admit I'm a bit later on my scouting interviews than I'd like to be. Aka. I'm just about to start them, I have reached out to some players about stuff I found in scouting them (missing welfare/sus builds etc.) but nothing formal yet. Though with how many of the players in this draft were late joiners, I also don't really think I could have done it much sooner. As until this week we had a lot of players who simply were so new we couldn't tell if they were ever coming back, or not? And really we still don't know if we'll have recreates skip the draft. So it's basically impossible to project who will be available at your picks until that is finalized. Guess I'll just have to throw a wide net with the interviews.

So it's going to be a busy week, but also a fun week. Looking forward to it.