Offseason Ramblings

Seabass

Well it's official, the Moscow Menace have lost yet another time in the Continental Cup Finals. Centerman The Seabasstard had a poor playoff showing and didn't even reach a point per game despite playing top line minutes throughout the playoffs playing alongside star winger Duncan Idaho. 

"Obviously I'm a little pissed off with myself here. I feel like I let my team down by not playing up to my potential, it's now also the fourth time in a row that we all come up short of winning the cup and I'm just tired of coming out of the finals being a loser. I don't know man, maybe I'm regressing with age a bit here and I'm having trouble just accepting it."

The Seabasstard managed to score 14 points in his 18 games playoff games, which isn't terrible but it's unlike him considering in the three years previous he managed to put up 81 points in 55 games. The players have all been told that some moves will have to be made this offseason and rumours are circling around the VHL media that The Seabasstard may be on the way out.

" I don't believe those rumours to be true, me and the GM have a good rapport and I haven't been given any indication that I'll be traded. I've been a member of the Menace since I broke into the league as a rookie, I've been here for six great years and made the finals 4 times as a member of this team. This team is very special to me and my heart is in Moscow and this is where I wish to close out my career. Even in the event where I would get traded, I'm not so sure I'd want to play in another jersey and I would probably just end up hanging the skates up. "