Booberry Takes a Postseason Break

Booberry Recharges Following Turbulent End of Season

Helsinki -- It’s been a turbulent recent couple of weeks in the Helsinki Titans front office and locker room. There was barely missing the playoffs (despite being good enough for second in North America), an up-and-down lottery tournament, moving up to the fourth pick of the draft, a number of trades that saw last year’s starters Erlantz Jokinen and Flynn Remy leave town, and rumors about Nezuko and Nico Pearce leaving in free agency.

In the midst of all of that, it’s a bit surprising that we haven’t heard from star goalie Xavier Booberry since the season ended. But that’s by design, he recently told reporters in a pre-Draft Day interview. Simply put, he needed a break.

“I’m not going to lie, I took the end of the season hard,” Booberry said. “I’ve wanted the playoffs for so long. To get that close, and miss like we did, definitely hurt. I just needed to reflect before I’m ready for next season.”

Booberry added that he’s kept in contact with the team front office during this time, but hasn’t necessarily kept up with any potential drama. He called it “window dressing” compared to the real goal of getting ready for the season.

“When we’re ready to play, I’m confident in our management to have players out there who want to be here and are ready,” Booberry said. “Until then? Nah, I don’t need to be arguing with randoms on Twitter. I’ll just chill, and I’m confident it’ll all sort out in the end.”