Drafth YPE!

Shindigs

4 + 6 = 8, right?

With the VHLM Draft happing 2 hours later than I thought tonight, because timezones are hard. It's a very exciting time as a GM for sure. I've spent most of the last week doing my Discord interviews and getting to know a lot of the new players coming into the league. For a draft class as small as this one, there's still more tantalizing picks than I have any chance of actually being able to get my hands on. I managed to get a deal done with Masu for an extra 4th from Philly to help get one more player, and I'm working the phones to try and get more. But people are being pretty stingy about holding onto their picks for now, so we'll see how that pans out.

The 3rd is the way

There are some players that I truly am very excited about the prospect of drafting, even with us not picking until 20th. But with the first pick being that late there is so much uncertainty in who will still be available. Will everyone prioritize goalies and have higher end skaters slip? Will GMs draft for potential or current ability? There are a lot of unknowns for all of us. The one thing me and all the GMs I regularly talk with can agree on, is that the 3rd round will make or break teams this season.

The draft is an experience unlike no other, and being apart of it for the first time as a General Manager of a team, it's pretty nuts. Trying to predict who goes when, trying to think what teams want, the potential of trading up/down in a draft, it's for sure like nothing else. I'm excited to see how it all unfolds today.

Edited by badcolethetitan