Useless Rambling

Berocka

What I think about the current state of TPE.

So with Callum Murray I have been trying to max earn tpe the whole time. During that time I have usually been following the same method VHL.com radio, trivia, press conference and a podcast. Now usually this is pretty easy for me. This week I chose to do a media spot due to some reasons. What I have noticed the past few weeks is a lot of my stuff is getting less and less interactions. Also when I open up the forums I tend to close them pretty much straight away. I don't know if it is a lack of interest or the start of burn out. Or it could be a bigger issue that there is less interesting content on the VHL.

I know recently there has been a bigger push for forum content and as someone who has avoided discord for a bit I can 100% agree with that. So I am going to go through the methods of earning TPE and talk about what I personally think of them.

Media Spot:

This here is the biggest swing I believe with forum activity, the controversial or ones that tag a bunch of people can have a fair bit of interest. But some of the others that are more personal to the members/team get ignored.

Graphic:

These are honestly once you have seen one you have seen them all. They will attract a comment from the person it's for and they will usually get a few reviews but we will see my opinion on reviews later.

Podcast:

I think that these have the biggest opportunity for forum content but the lack of being able to comment on then easily ruins that as most people listen away from forums and it's easier to send a message to the creator instead of commenting.

Press Conference:

This is the biggest waste of time ever. No one cares about the answers and the questions of most time have no effort. I think that these need to be overhauled or removed.

Trivia:

This to me use to be the way you would learn about the greats of the league and the expansive history of the VHL and now it seems like it's just a silly scavenger hunt. Finding useless facts that you immediately forget and have not much to do with the actual history of the league.

Vhl.com:

I like these I feel like it is like the 6 point tasks but you can be a bit more adventurous. These are my favourite tasks.

Reviewing:

Find a graphic say you like the colours and the font rate it 10/10 get one free tpe. These are absolutely useless most of the time.

In conclusion I think it would be interesting if we looked at shaking up the tpe earning a bit. What if there were just 6 point tasks and hopefully people put a little more effort and time into each of their tasks. Maybe drop the cap to 10 instead of 12 and rememove the press conference. Make it so you can complete two major point tasks instead of doing minor point tasks. Maybe tie in practice facility with reviews so you get more people commenting. I don't really have an answer I just needed something to write about.