Payne off to hot start

Scurvy

A hot start for sophomore defenseman Brian Payne has not gone to his head.  We caught up with Payne after coming off a nice win against rival, Riga.  Payne has 4 goals and 9 assists 13 points to go with 42 hits and 38 blocked shots.  

We asked Payne how he felt about being near the top of the scoring chart when usually his game is playing the bruising defenseman? 

Payne response “well pretty much you can thank the players I play with for all of my points.  With players like Nalwa, DeGroot, Lamb, Trunov, Marner, and Girtz if I just keep my stick on the ice and not screw up the points will come.   I am sure as the year goes on those studs on my club will certainly pass me by.  And that’s ok.  If I score, I am happy but I take greater pride in stuffing the opposing teams best.” 

There you have it.  Payne and the Predators have a few tough games tonight against the DC Dragons with new addition, Duncan Idaho and the reigning champs Seattle Bears.  Payne and Idaho had a serious brawl at center ice last year so let’s hope they do it again tonight!!