VHLM Power Rankings (25%ish way through)

VHLM Power Rankings – Slightly Past the first Quarter

1. Las Vegas Aces (-)

Vegas hasn’t gotten any worse, and no one can say they’re at the Aces level yet. If they can grab a 4th D, I’m not sure who could catch them. I figure if I keep writing amazing things about the Aces, the Shindigs jinx will take place. Although as a 2-time Aces Alumni I guess I don’t mind seeing them continue to do well.

2. Mexico City Kings (+2)

Mexico has held onto their depth players so far, and as they continue to get better over time, they look like the best option to compete with the Aces. They are getting extraordinary goaltending and great scoring from their top unit. They are currently the top scoring 3rd period team, and it has led to a great campaign so far.

3. Mississauga Hounds (+2)

So I really didn’t expect this one. One might notice the work that the MIS bots have put in so far this season, but the team looks significantly better than it did at the start of the season. The (re)-addition of Quinn Clark solidifies the top pairing, and Felix St-Laurent looks like an incredible earner. A couple more players and this team could be a championship contender.

4. Houston Bulls (-1)

It isn’t that Houston has gotten any worse, its just that they haven’t gotten better at the same pace as the teams above. I think with another top forward and another D, this team is a lock for the final 4. Their bottom forwards could certainly be worse, but look for them to earn a bit more to keep up with the other top teams.

5. Philadelphia Reapers (-3)

I don’t truly believe this team is the 5th best team, but they’re certainly playing like it. They have great skaters, although they could use a few waivers for depth, but their woes seem to be entirely in net. Their goaltender has been earning welfare inconsistently and their build doesn’t seem to have been getting the results the Reapers will need to succeed. They should either be in the market for a top goaltender or pushing for better earning. As I said last time around, they will only go as far as Evan Bihler will take them.

6. Ottawa Lynx (+4)

Much better ranking than the last time around. They have recently picked up 2 waiver goaltenders, and that should be able to keep them in the playoff mix. They’ve got a really nice top unit, and hopefully they can get at least one top goaltender from their options and gather some more back-end depth for a push this season.

7. San Diego Marlins (+1)

Although the standings strongly disagree with this placement, the Marlins schedule has been incredibly tough to start the season. Since the second week has gone on, San Diego has been splitting and winning sims regularly. Still quality over quantity, and finishing a second unit would make this team a sneaky playoff team.

8. Halifax 21st (+1)

The standings have loved Halifax so far. Maybe it knows something that I don’t but I can’t see this team getting anywhere at this point. They have been getting exceptional goaltending, which has kept them close to even in goal differential. Their top unit has been playing well so far, but will need to keep earning to keep up with the other teams. Hopefully they can have some nice pieces for either a firesale or a little playoff bout.

9. Saskatoon Wild (-3)

This team once was the epitome of defensive depth, but after some inactivity, the team has shown what it really is. Jesse Teno and Astro Singh have been especially exciting so far, and I hope to see them on a playoff team at some point. A couple waivers and they could have some fun, but don’t expect too much from the Wild this season.

10. Miami Marauders (-3)

The longer the Marauders go without picking up a goaltender, the more they fall down my list. I like their top players, but they stand no chance without a goaltender. I actually think this team could compete in the playoffs with even a ~150TPE goaltender. The sooner they get on that, the more likely it is they can save their season.

719 words idk if I'll claim or not

Edited by jacobcarson877

Nice job on this media spot! I like the way that you used make the heading for each team that own teams colour, this really helps break up and brighten up the piece. You give a nice amount of depth for the description of each team (especially as its a power ranking and you don't usually get a whole lot with those) so that for people like me (who don't have a lot of time to keep up with them) can get a good feel for how all the teams are doing. Overall, great job! 9.5/10