some trades happened

I thought I'll have a strength to write something more interesting, but no.

This past week has been more entertaining, I have to admit. Yes we had that roe v wade thread week prior, but last week events were straight league based. We had some interesting trades happening with the bigger implications than we would've ever thought. Anyways, I'll start with the most recent trade to date, which actually happened yesterday.

CAL/VAN - straight forward trade. Calgary gets more scoring boost in Telker and getting themselves into the title contention. Vancouver getting a younger player who never had a real chance to flourish in more stacked Calgary team. I'm a bit sad Frank didn't get a pick, but we'll probably figure something out later. Good for Telker who will finish his career in a contender.

VAN/NYA/SEA - now this trade was spicy as hell. In fairness, despite of a three way trade status Vancouver didn't play a major part in this drama. They just came in to grab another young player for two older ones and went to hibernate again. However, it didn't save this trade from sparking a tense situation. Looks like some members were mad as hell Seattle got what they wanted once again. And again it came at the expense of New York. 89 trade says hi. It was known that Beaviss is way past his sim league prime and his player's build was meh to say the least. When the player only scored 3 points in last playoffs in a team that won a championship...you know that this ain't it.

However, was this really a bad trade? Honestly, the 89 trade was the only one that wasn't looking great. I get that Cow wanted him, but as far as I know nobody else was giving damn about him. So giving a first was very uneccessary. Certainly should've lowballed. This trade though? Now that NY had Sven, I see where Cow was going. The defense and goaltending was already set, this trade was for setting up the forward roster for the future seasons. Basically the now ex-GM was not interested in waiting for too long before entering the contention phase. This strategy is an interesting one, though it comes with few obstacles:

- it requires a good free agency. Not the certified MID like it was this past offseason;

- gotta trade more picks for more forwards to make the team enticing enough for potential FA's. the best case scenario is trading for FA rights and convincing player(s) to sign with the team;

- not longterm enough. Some of the bigger NYA players are either already in regression or are not far away. Though with the current depreciation system...maybe it's not that of a big deal.

As you can see, this strategy is not horrible at all, just risky. Obviously it also would be nice to somehow bring Beaviss in and make him reroll MDM's build. And also hoping that GM's can free reroll inactive players builds. That'd make someone like Wilk a better player too.

Anyways, Cow cares about none of that anymore. People went too berserk on his moves so he decided to pull ''fuck all of yall'' and stepped down from New York. Now it's the interim Fresco who will try to make something from it. Or do nothing, he is still an interim after all. Also, Bana trying to defend this trade in that thread was a bit funny. I bet he was cackling out there while typing his explanation. At the end of the day he got what he wanted. Switched from a player with non effective build to a two lower TPE guys to make 6/4 roster. And Bushtit may not even be worse than MDM at all.

So these are trades that happened at this moment....wait no.

RIG/PRG - just pressing accept button as we speak. Got a 4th defenseman in JaredN, a familiar member for Riga. Maybe this time we will get a title with him on the roster.

That's it and I'm out.