Maellard Getting Minutes... Penalty Minutes in Cologne

frescoelmo

• Head Moderator

Maellard Getting Minutes… Penalty Minutes in Cologne

-Cologne, Germany

As season 84 progresses, Malum has experienced both highs and lows on either end of the ice.  “The year really started off hot; I was pacing the team in points for the first month or so,” Malum told reporters.  “The lines mixed up and I had to become a little more defensive-oriented, so it took a hit to my point total but in the end, that is what I wanted to do…  be a defense-minded defenseman,” he chuckled, realizing he was explaining his position.

The line change coincided with Maellard starting to work on his checking, trying to develop that nasty edge in preparation of joining the professional club in New York.  Early indications?  Not all that good.  “They are heavy on the whistle here…  I think I am top ten in penalty minutes now.  Are some of them blatant?  Yes.  But most I would consider… ticky-tacky.  That’s just how it goes though, I need to clean it up and establish more discipline when hitting people.  Practice makes practice,” Maellard finished. 

On the year, although Cologne is seventh out of eight teams with 36 points (16-19-4), the team has kept every game close due to a solid defensive effort (second in goals allowed) and only sport a negative five in goal differential.  With a game in hand, it’s possible they could push their way into the upper half of the league with about half of the season left.

This made me think about something when I check the games as soon as I see that the team I am playing on has been shut out in a game the first thing I look for is if my player at least took a chunk out of someone with slash, cross check or fight. If you are not scoring you need to at least make the other team pay for scoring on your team, right?

Does anyone else feel this way too? Or am I just the crazy one?

• Head Moderator
10 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

This made me think about something when I check the games as soon as I see that the team I am playing on has been shut out in a game the first thing I look for is if my player at least took a chunk out of someone with slash, cross check or fight. If you are not scoring you need to at least make the other team pay for scoring on your team, right?

Haha I usually go to +/- first to make sure I at least had a positive impact on the game

Then checks and points

Then PIM :kekw:

17 minutes ago, frescoelmo said:

Haha I usually go to +/- first to make sure I at least had a positive impact on the game

Then checks and points

Then PIM :kekw:

Okay, One saying that I am savage!! LOL!!

hacksaw jim duggan wrestling GIF

10 hours ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Why is this mutually exclusive?

I think when you lose a game, you should have the satisfaction that the opposition had to pay the iron price for their win.

• Head Moderator
1 hour ago, Daniel Janser said:

Why is this mutually exclusive?

I think when you lose a game, you should have the satisfaction that the opposition had to pay the iron price for their win.

Yes exactly, make them earn it (with PIM)