Something for the week

jRuutu

rocking-chair-rocker-style-linear-art-li

I joined VHL in February 2015. That is a long time ago. To get ideas for the theme week, I went to look at the content I have created over the years. As I looked at my media spots from 2015, I was reminded that back in those times your media spots were graded by reviewers. If you, for example, made multiple grammar mistakes in your writing, it was not uncommon to have 1 TPE taken away, so you were only able to claim 5 TPE instead of 6 TPE. On top of that, you got to read the following comments from the reviewers: "Maybe send it to a teammate first or a VHL member to check it over before you submit it next time? Just a suggestion." OR "Just like *censored* said making sure you read it over before submitting. It will help you out a lot."

I remember being annoyed then. As I read those suggestions and reviews now - I am annoyed again. I also looked at the users who did the reviews and noticed quite a few have not been in VHL for years, I wonder where they are now? I went to see their activity around VHL, and I stumbled on a discussion about "SHL vs VHL" from 2015, I think. The discussion was a fun one to read, users with different opinions and ideas interacting with each other, you could even call it a debate, but all in good fun.  You do not see such debates anymore.  

The different leagues are not rivals anymore. There is no competition on who does something better or which league is more fun. You can even earn TPE from one league and claim it in another, that is how far we have become. Easier for the leagues to attract users, and easier for users, but the leagues are more shallow than ever.  Every league is a copy of one another. No matter what the sport is, no matter what the sim engine is, no matter what the point tasks are, every league is the same. If you have been in one, you have been in them all.

Point tasks and sim engines are small factors. The biggest reason why the leagues are all the same is the people and users, they are the same everywhere.  These users want to see words such as "inclusive" in rule books. These users want to see Pride-themed logos. Things are so "bad" that if you now ask why the Pride logo is still up - you can be sure either these users or their white knights will meet you with: "what is wrong with Pride?"

Meaningless gesture continues 7 weeks instead of 4, does it matter?  It does not. Meaningless? You rallied for it, you wanted to see it, but you do not care at all that the logo is up 3 weeks after the Pride month is over? Meaningless.

VHL of 2022 is not better than VHL years ago. The vibe and feel of VHL and other leagues have changed, and not for the better.  You might now think about writing some kind of "it is not 2007 anymore" or "I would much rather have 100 white knights over you" - type of comment, I get it.  You are boring. I agree with everything you say, but you are still boring. You have nothing interesting to say about anything.  I am equally predictable and boring, but at least my thoughts are mine.