Prospect Scouting Report - Jesse Teno (G)

aimkin

Where From Here...

goalie.jpg

Only halfway through their rookie year in the VHLM and already Jesse Teno is making a name for themselves. Opting for a draft in which goalies were in high demand, Jesse went in already being wanted and needed by a lot of teams. They had no idea where they might end up and were eventually drafted 30th overall by the Saskatoon Wild. Saskatoon was far from home but for a kid who didn’t see much of the world, this was Jesse’s chance to get out of Vermont and be somewhere new.

As the starting goalie, and with no backup, Jesse Teno would be the one and only goalie for Saskatoon to rely on. In the first ten games, Teno went 2-8 and they had expressed in interviews how frustrating it had been. What didn’t help was multiple games against the defending cup champions the Las Vegas Aces and other dominant opponents.

More than halfway through the season now and Teno sits with a 13-28-1 record with 2 shutouts. They lead in total Losses and Shots Against and are second in Goals Against. But for their efforts, Teno currently boasts an impressive .901 save percentage, 2 assists, and surprisingly, only 2 Penalty Minutes.

Jesse has stated in the past that their weakest points are rebounds though they seem to have improved that aspect of their game considerably. In their last 10 games, Saskatoon has gone 5-5. It might not be the biggest change from then until now but given that the goals against in the first 10 games amounted to 38, compare that to the last 10 games with goals against at 20, it’s clear that Teno has made significant improvements.

Jesse plans to continue to improve their skills overall, currently putting a lot of energy into their Reaction Time and Hand Speed. With the overwhelming number of times that Saskatoon has been out-shot, it’s no surprise that those would be Jesse’s main focuses at the moment. No better way to stop of a barrage of shots than to work on stopping the pucks.

With the remainder of the season, and the impending off season since Saskatoon will definitely miss the playoffs, Jesse is looking forward to using their free time to work harder than ever in order to be ready for the next draft and the next season.

“I don’t know where I’ll be at the end of this season or the beginning of the next, but wherever I am, I’m going to give it my all. I don’t plan on stagnating and I don’t plan to give in even when it gets hard.”

Edited by aimkin
add image

Goalie stats are always a reflection of how good a team he plays in front of him. Look at Jack Campbell or Pascal lecleare or Justin Poge etc... 

If you have good to average numbers on a bad team then it means you are doing your job. Save percentage is the largest most accurate stat for a tender but doesn't count for save above expected meaning scoring chance against that should have resulted in a goal.

Look at Matt Murray's numbers in Ottawa as they were a bad team but he had good to average numbers but very high save above expectations. 

What I am saying or trying to say is keep you head high and keep working hard.

8 minutes ago, Gaikoku-hito said:

Goalie stats are always a reflection of how good a team he plays in front of him. Look at Jack Campbell or Pascal lecleare or Justin Poge etc... 

If you have good to average numbers on a bad team then it means you are doing your job. Save percentage is the largest most accurate stat for a tender but doesn't count for save above expected meaning scoring chance against that should have resulted in a goal.

Look at Matt Murray's numbers in Ottawa as they were a bad team but he had good to average numbers but very high save above expectations. 

What I am saying or trying to say is keep you head high and keep working hard.

Thank you! I definitely will. ☺