Scott Greene: Top 15 in the Bears History!

DarkSpyro

On my most recent podcast, Spyro After Dark, I took a look at my first player Jimmy Spyro’s career! This week Dok and myself were planning on starting up DaSLN once again but we were unable to due to this unforeseen circumstances. So to be sure that this gets talked about during theme week, I want look at another player from that era, Jimmy’s good friend and rival from Seattle, Scott Greene. I’m not going to go into super detail, because me and Dok want to talk about this on our potential upcoming podcast like I just mentioned, but I still want to give a little rundown here regardless. While Greene is known for helping Seattle win FOUR CUPS, I think he has always been an underrated key component to their success. Yeah, sure, he doesn’t have the individual hardware that superstar players have (sounds familiar), but he was a great playmaker and above average goal scorer for his entire Career in Seattle. I think it would’ve been cool to see him retire in Seattle, but he did a real Hogan-style brotherly move and allowed himself to be traded to improve the future of the team. Since the subject is the VHL at 15, let’s take a look back at some of the Bears that he’s outscored in the 15 years of the league’s existence. Greene sits #13 overall on the Bear’s points leaderboard, which is already unreal to start. If you look at the player’s above him, the list is just STACKED with Hall of Famers and Franchise caliber talent. He sits behind Felix Peters, Markus Strauss, Gabriel McAllister, Jarvis Baldwin, Nikolai Lebedev, Karsten Olsen, Timothy Brown, Hulk Hogan, Mitch Higgins, Maxim Kovalchuk, Matt Thompson and Scotty Campbell. That’s insane company to be with!!! IF he had stayed in Seattle, he would have possibly been within the Top 10 for points on a team that has been around for 15 YEARS! And at a time before hybrid attributes. 15 years of elite scoring from some league legends. I didn’t do a super deep dive back into the history of the league, but let’s not forget (as painful as this is for me to say) that Seattle won Four cups (and they will not let you forget, trust me). Thank GOD Vancouver won me one otherwise I’d would’ve been even more pissed back then. But, there aren’t that many teams that have had that level of success, and there haven’t been that many players in the 15 year history of the league that won FOUR CUPS. All this to say that I think Scott Greene is underappreciated, and certainly was an Elite level player for his whole career. I’d like to go over this with Dok on our podcast, and possibly talk more about that era of the VHL. We had some good times, and it’s players like Greene, Funk, Hogan, and Sundqvist that are a big reason why Spyro, Hextall, and LaFontaine are more forgettable, even though they were incredibly impactful on the leagues scoring taking a massive dive. Be sure to tune in next week when me and Dok drop our next podcast! Comment down below on this, too. I think Dok’s player might not have been HoF material like Spyro, but he’s 100% Hall of Very Good for sure!

(552 words)

( .. also sorry @DoktorFunk )