First few days in the VHLM

sadie

On Thursday July 28th, I joined the league as a free agent in the VHLM. My player, Sadie St-Louis was promptly offered a contract with the San Diego Marlins. She accepted quickly, happy to actually get an offer from a VHLM team. While the team wasn’t necessarily in a good position to succeed, being at that point more than 10 points out of a playoff spot, the rest of the Marlins roster and our GM Jacob were very nice and happy to help with anything I needed. Jacob has been extremely helpful in giving his opinions and advice on what categories to put TPE into and the strengths and weaknesses of putting TPE into certain categories. Sadie joined in the middle of a flurry of signings made by the Marlins, bringing the total player count on the roster up to 13, which now greatly benefits our team during games.

Since signing with them, Sadie has played 7 games with the Marlins. 2 wins in a row happened against Houston and Saskatoon, her first ever wins with the team which have helped keep San Diego in playoff contention. Getting more ice time has helped her production a lot. In these 7 games, she has:

Goals: 3

Assists: 6

+/-: -1

Shots: 30
PIM: 2

Hits: 14
Shots Blocked: 5

Power Play Goals: 1

9 points is above a point per game, which is especially good considering she only had 1 assist across the first three games. Her shooting percentage is at 10%. The category that could be the most improved upon is plus minus- being at a negative is hindering the team’s success. I would say that this has been a good start in the VHLM for her, especially considering that I started out having no idea of how to build a player the right way. But again, I could be very wrong being so new to the sim leagues.

I have high hopes for the rest of her career, starting with a potential push for the playoffs. San Diego currently sits at 9th overall in the 10 team league, and is trailing the Saskatoon Wild by 10 points. However, with only 6 games remaining before the playoffs, they are going to have to have a practically flawless finish to the season if they want in. Saskatoon will also have to essentially go into a free-fall. Houston and Ottawa will need to play extremely well, as they make up 5 of the Wild’s 6 remaining games. After this season concludes, Sadie will sadly be unable to stay for sure with San Diego, and will head to the dispersal draft. Hopefully she is able to head to a team she will enjoy. I plan to earn as much TPE as I have time to earn over the coming weeks, and upgrade my player so that she can be selected higher in the draft. Next season, she should show significant improvement. And one day, she hopes to be drafted into the VHL, the most prestigious of the three leagues, and have a long and successful career.