Crossing the Bridge

Gustav

It's been interesting to track London's progress this season from a fairly-distanced-AGM point of view. I'll admit I could have done more to be there for the team, but I'm still not feeling full-on GM mode anymore (and as the second-in-command, I don't think that's really my place anyway). It's been a season full of surprises and disappointments, and I can't say things have gone the way that any first-time GM would have liked. 

In particular, it appears that the team will have to deal with the departure of its assumed franchise netminder in Cole Pearce this coming offseason, as Pearce's agent has publicly declared his intentions to pack his bags and get out one way or another. I've done my best to not involve myself in any of the drama surrounding that situation, and I can say with sincerity that I hope we're all able to forget that anything ever happened soon enough. It's true that the team needed a bit of work anyway, but one big hole in net is yet another thing to worry about and could--and I'll emphasize could--lead to the team restarting its rebuild. Things will change. I don't know what yet, but they will and I'm here to do my best for it (especially when it comes to trying to keep London a good place to play through this whole thing and into the future).

An interesting thing I'd like to emphasize here, though, is that London has a more-than-serviceable backup in the active Ed Nu. While not generally seen as a superstar-tier player, Nu is a first-gen and a consistent earner who could conceivably end up in a starting role next season, even amid the league's current goalie situation. And though that's just a possibility until the offseason's plans shake themselves out, even some good can be seen in the team's worst-case scenario as the opportunity to give playing time to someone who might not otherwise have it may present itself.

2 minutes ago, N0HBDY said:

@GustavSir what are your thoughts on the possibility that your replacement in Davos @Alexmight actually win a playoff series in a fraction of the time that you took to try during your tenure with the team?

I mean...best of luck to him? I still do have a soft spot for Davos and want to see them succeed. 

I've said many times that my #1 accomplishment with Davos--much more than wins and losses, which I agree came up short--was doing my part to improve the team's image and making them a place people wanted to come and play. Glad to see that's still the case 🙃

2 hours ago, N0HBDY said:

@GustavSir what are your thoughts on the possibility that your replacement in Davos @Alexmight actually win a playoff series in a fraction of the time that you took to try during your tenure with the team?

What do you think about being ranked the 5th best Mississauga Hounds GM?