The Kauppi Struggle

Tetricide

interview1.jpeg.a0009be577f0e74be0989ed8e3966d05.jpeg

Hey, there he is! Nikolas Kauppi, everyone. I've got a few questions for you. Now, Kauppi, the Kings defeated the Philadelphia Reapers in the first round 4 - 1 where you recorded only 1 point with an assist in the 5th game. What do you think is stifling your points production and how are you going about trying to break your nearly pointless streak?

Bob, this is my second interview with you, but it sounds like you're trying to insult me in the guise of asking questions.

Oh, come on, kid! I'm just pointing out the facts here and trying to pick your brain!

If you say so... Honestly, it's been tough to find the right time to score and there've been a lot of times where I have to pass the puck to someone else like Stroheim or Torbjorn who are better positioned for a goal. Being in the playoffs hasn't put me in a different mindset at all. Tottingham and I talk pretty frequently on the ice, but sometimes I can't get over how much his head looks like a potato and it's just really distracting. As for breaking the goal-less streak, I just need more practice. Maybe Tucker can give me some pointers.

That's a great positive attitude you have for improvement! Speaking of pointers--

You son of a b..

--your points drastically changed when you were traded from the Saskatoon Wild. You played about 4 games shorter, but overall your points production on the Kings was about half! What do you think contributed to the points deficit?

On the Wild, I had a lot of opportunities to shine and produce points even though I was new. I was on the first line almost every time, which was great. However, on the Kings there's just an insane amount of talent on here that are just consistent with putting up points and they've pretty much synergized at the half-way point of the regular season. It wasn't like I wasn't trying -- I was definitely putting in work every second on the ice. Let's just say on the Wild I was a big fish in a small pond and on the Kings I'm a small fish in a big pond. I just have to put a lot more effort.

That was an incredible analogy that I believe really does summarize your situation. Now that the Kings have advanced to round 2 in the playoffs, how are you feeling about playing the Las Vegas Aces?

Honestly, I feel like if it's not us then it's the Aces to beat to win the cup. I think it would've been an epic final game between us, but now I just have to fight harder to make sure they don't get a single win in this series.

Do you go by Nikolas or Niko for short?

Bob, you can call me what ever sounds cool to you. You seem like a smart guy.

Nikolas Kauppi, thank you for taking the time out of your day today for this lovely interview. I look forward to our next one!

Yeah, thanks for having me. Make sure to make it sting less next time or I'll have to stuff you in a locker.

535 words, using for PT week ending August 14.

Review:

Interesting review with Nikolas about how he feels with his playoff exit and lower then expected production. It's always fun to read other players take on there series. It's a good length, you had a picture and you color coded the questions and answers which was is always a nice touch and makes it easier to read. 9/10!

Review: Tough luck with Kauppi, overall this was incredibly fun and entertaining to read about Kaupi and his recent struggles with a new team. I love the little touches you made on the Media Spot to make it even better, the red and blue let us know who is talking while the picture at the top is the cherry on top of me. You've done a great job with this Media Spot and I look forward to seeing more out of you! 9.5/10