Chip Stone Exit Interview

DoktorFunk

Chip Stone and the Cologne Express were recently eliminated from the VHLE Playoffs. We caught up with Chip to get his thoughts:

What are your thoughts on being eliminated in four games?

Yeah, I dunno. I thought we, as a team, played well. Look at the scores. The games were close. We tried everything we could. We just went to overtime three times and we couldn't get it done. It was closer than it looks on paper, that's all I'll say.

What are you focused on now that you and Cologne have been eliminated?

I'm training for my VHL debut now. Just a lot of stick-handling practice and a little bit if skating just to stay well-conditioned. I really want to make a splash in Seattle, so I've got to be ready. 

Are you planning on keeping in contact with any of your teammates on Cologne?

Ya know, I wish em the best. I do. Barzy was great, all of the dudes there were super nice. I'm sure I'll see a few of them next season in the VHL, so absolutely. But the ones that are staying in Europe for their career? I dunno. We'll see. We'll probably only get a chance to hang out and talk if I ever vacation in Europe.

What's one aspect of your game you think you need to improve after getting swept?

Everything. I barely made any room for myself. I didn't have but two points. I need to change that for my debut.