Landry Announces Retirement

Doomsday

Landry Announces Retirement

nieder_005.JPG

CALGARY - Players in the VHL battle many things throughout their careers, whether it be each other, preconceived notions or the rigging of Jardy Buncleworth. But one opponent that they cannot overcome is Father Time himself. Following another hard day of training camp for the Calgary Wranglers, recent trade acquisition Thomas Landry suddenly held a press conference to announce his retirement following the 40th season of the Victory Hockey League.

"It is no secret that Season 40 will be my last," said an emotional Landry. "It has been a long time coming, yet it hasn't been any easier to bring myself to do this. It's been quite the ride, with plenty of great moments, greater friends and some missed opportunities along the way as well. Yet, I wouldn't change any of it at all. I had the career I was meant to have and it couldn't have been a happier one for me. Coming into the league as a wide-eyed rookie, I now leave it a seasoned veteran and I can only hope that throughout my career, I've helped others make a similar transition in this great league."

After thanking several former general managers, coaches and every single player he was teammates with on the HC Davos Dynamo, Landry reiterated that he would be giving his all for the Calgary Wranglers this season, hoping to be able to go out on top by winning the Continental Cup one more time. Does the fiery veteran have it in him for a final run at glory?

Jethro Novacek is a contributor to the MSFL Times and is working overtime tonight. He enjoys watching the Redskins get pummeled, promoting synergy and being so real with Jeff Buckley.