Wranglers Swept!

After what was an exciting finish in a wild card round for the Calgary Wranglers against the Toronto Legion, they had high hopes in the Conference Semi-Finals. Calgary swept the Toronto Legion 3-0 in a series where they won the games 3-2, 5-4OT, and 3-1.

Next up was a match-up against the strong DC Dragons, a force to be reckoned with in the VHL. This was a series that the Calgary Wranglers went into with momentum, but ultimately got shut down.

"I really think we had what it takes against the DC Dragons. Sure we didn't win a game, but we put up a fight in every single game. They were all close. I think if we played them again they would all be close again, and any team could come out on top." - Saku Kotkakoivu

-------------------------

The Calgary Flames are currently in their darkest timeline

-------------------------

The DC Dragons swept the series against the Calgary Wranglers, but Calgary put up a sure fight. Two of those games went to overtime, and the other ones were a tight defensive battle and a high scoring one. The DC Dragons won 4-3OT, 6-4, 3-1, and 4-3OT. In that final game, Calgary didn't go down without a fight, where they outshot DC 69-41.

I mean, let's just look at that Game 4 specifically. DC won 4-3 in OT, but Calgary had 69-41 shots. In fact, it gets a bit ridiculous. In the 3rd period alone, Calgary outshot DC 34-12. I repeat, Calgary had 34 SHOTS IN THE 3RD PERIOD! They only scored 1 goal in that frame, while DC Dragons goalie Bubbles Utonium saved a whopping 66 out of 69 shots in the game. It was the Utonium Show, possibly taking motivation while watching video footage of ex DC Dragons legend Stone Wolski.

The DC Dragons swept the series 4-0, but that sure wasn't the story.

"We really gave it our all against DC. We had the momentum coming into the series after a big victory against the Toronto Legion, and with Ben Dahl back there in net anything can happen. Next season we will come back even stronger." - Saku Kotkakoivu