Castle enjoying Junior Showcase experience

animal74

S86-eligible goaltender Joel Castle is shining at the Junior Showcase for the Dehli Pickles. The Canadian puckstopper currently leads the tournament in GAA (2.24) and save percentage (0.940) while sporting a 4-1-0 record with one shutout in six games helping the Pickles to the third-best record so far with a 5-4-0 record over the first nine games. Castle has been splitting games with Australian Lachlan Summers @kirbithan and it will be interesting to see if this trend continues but he knows that with the stiff competition at the goalie position, he'll need to keep playing at a high level to improve his draft stock for the upcoming drafts.

Castle commented on this in a post-game media scrum. 

"There are so many great goalies available in the next few drafts, it will take some special performances for any of us to separate from the pack. It's been a while since the VHL has seen so many great athletes coming up in net. I know the competition for the rest of the tournament and in the VHLM, VHLE, and VHL over the next few seasons is going to be steep and I'm ready to work hard and show that I deserve to be among the best."