Warsaw Wins! And whats gonna happen with their offseason?

MetalToday

Warsaw is the new champions of the VHL, and the team is going wild! Brendan Marner specifically pointed out how he was offered a position on Seattle last offseason, and he was thinking about it, but he liked Warsaw’s pitch much better. Marner was happy that he chose so wisely and took some shots at Seattle after being awarded the cup. He said, “I am very happy to have won today, this Seattle team wasn’t as hard as Moscow it, but obviously they are both losers. Imagine I was on this Seattle team, would Warsaw still have won? I think so, Kisslinger is a goddamn beast. Who does Seattle have? Hahaha!” Brendan Marner was not holding back his shots and the crowd ate that up, as the game played in Warsaw, Marner said, “This crowd is amazing, I don’t think the game would have been such a blowout for us without the loyal fan base here tonight and have been with us throughout the series.” The crowd roared as that final buzzer counted down and finally sounded.

The next step for Warsaw is to investigate contract signings, resigning’s, and bringing up the ready prospects. Veteran centers Bogdan Trunov and Omi Aberg both need contract renewals with this next season and considering the team doesn’t have any centers signed next season, I would expect at least one of the two players to be signed again. If they decide to let those players walk in free agency, you might expect the GM to make a big push for centers with trades or signings. Two other notable players that have not resigned are defenseman Hari Singh Nalwa and left winger Brendan Marner. I am not too sure of the status of Nalwa, but I have some beliefs that he either may not want to stay in Warsaw for another year, or there may not be the cap space to have him signed with the rest of the team. Warsaw may not need him with Brian Payne and Tavish DeGroot showing to be big elite defensemen but having those three in the top four would be sweet. I mean losing one of the top point producers on your team would be a huge blow. Obviously, the last player to resign is Brendan Marner, as he is on a Mutual option this season, there is some interest for the two to stay together. Brendan Marner has been underwhelming the past couple of seasons, and it might be time to move on to prove himself again. Although the reports say nothing about Marner leaving, there are questions if the player brings a 5.25-million-dollar performance. Nonetheless, Warsaw has reported to have been interested in keeping him, now its just a question if the player himself wants to rejoin. Sock Monkey is a VHLE player that was meant to come up last season, however, with a salary cap problem the player had to be sent down again. Monkey says he is ready to win a cup with Warsaw for the second time, and he is more than hyped to prove what extra skills they were missing last season. The likeliness of Monkey coming up is more than likely as he has been a dominate player in the VHLE for the last couple of seasons, and you don’t want to waste that potential by keeping him down any longer. We will need to watch as the offseason progresses to see if Warsaw will be cheering like they did after this last win!