Tessier Leaves Dejected ... But Determined

KC15

Luc Tessier looks at his locker one last time before leaving for the offseason having been knocked out of the playoffs in a sweep by the DC Dragons 4-0. Not the way Luc wanted it to go obviously. Mostly because no player wants to get eliminated and no player, for sure, wants to be swept. But for Luc there is an added weight. His performance in the playoffs showed him he was maybe slowing down. Where had the jump gone? Where was the snap of the puck off the blade?

Every player has to face this moment. The moment when it’s clear that it is time to hang up the skates and “pursue other opportunities”. This feels like Luc’s moment. As much as he would like to play into his 50’s, he knows that isn’t possible.

But he can’t go out like this! Surely there is one more good year left in his legs. Surely the magic can be found again with his wrister.

Luc Tessier leaves dejected in the loss, but determined as well. “Old Father Time can have me,” he thinks, “but not before one last glorious year. Not before one last season at the top of my game ending with a Cup for my teammates and the fans in Calgary.”

213 words

5 hours ago, KC15 said:

“Old Father Time can have me,” he thinks, “but not before one last glorious year. Not before one last season at the top of my game ending with a Cup for my teammates and the fans in Calgary.”

Luuuuuuuuuuc! Let's f-ing go! :cal:

Lets Go Sport GIF by ALL ELITE WRESTLING